Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Internship

What does this...


and this have to do with?
That's right! Carrie Underwood is performing at the Stadium of Fire this year, and I just so happen to be interning at the Freedom Foundation this summer! Today I got to meet the Hollywood producers! :) My major is great! It's funny to me because for the last couple of years as I have been studying Recreation Management and Youth Leadership at BYU, whenever anyone asks me what my major is, the response is always the same. Everyone says, "Oh that sounds....Fun?" with a little skepticism in their voice wondering how on earth I am going to get a job. Well let me tell you folks, RMYL is not all parks and youth soccer leagues! I am so excited about working with the Freedom Foundation and helping with events such as the Stadium of Fire! Man my major IS fun! So this week my job is to get the tickets ready for the Grand 4th of July Parade. I was also assigned the task of writing up some radio ads for the Foundations other events. Wow, we will see how that turns out.

In other news, Cora has decided that she is ok entertaining herself! I am so grateful. I was able to lay her down in her crib while I got ready this morning and I even had a moment of peace to put some makeup on! It was great. Cora has also decided that she doesn't need any sleep, she has only taken one small nap all day. That I am not so grateful for...

No comments:

Post a Comment