Thursday, June 3, 2010

Some People

I just can't believe the things some people do. I mean really. I am in the Emergency Room the other night, as if my night wasn't going bad enough and then someone happens to steal my wallet! Seriously! I left my room for a whole fifteen minutes to get an ultrasound and come back and bam, its gone. We contacted hospital security hoping that they could help me find my wallet but no. Just my luck. The security cameras just missed my room. And to make it better, the room I was in was connected to two other rooms separated by sheets. So really it could be anyone. Great. To make it even better, I woke up this morning and already had stuff charged on my card. From the time I left my room to the time they started charging things was a whole 40 minutes. They really waste no time! Luckily my bank will reimburse me for the fraud. And I am working with an officer to help me locate the wallet. I just have to say that whoever this thief is, they are SMART. They ended up going to one of the only gas stations in Provo that the video cameras don't work at. This is not my week. And of course trying to get information about my bank account to try to help the officers find the culprit is nearly impossible without my id. This is one of the times when I am actually thankful that I do not keep cash in my wallet. They were probably severely disappointed when they found a whole $0.75. But they did get my gift cards, drivers license, insurance cards and any other information that they wanted. Some people.

The good news of the day, I get my braces off in 3.5 weeks! Yay.

2 comments:

  1. oh no! I'm glad you'll get your money back. It seems like hospitals are a favorite spot for thieves. A couple of months ago someone broke into my sister's car and stole her checkbook when she was having her baby.

    And what were you doing in the emergency room??

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I was really sick but we found out it was because of my IUD. Turns out pretty much every birth control I try makes me really sick. :(

    ReplyDelete