Sunday, July 11, 2010

For The Better

I'm limited. Just look at me, I'm limited.
And just look at, you. You could do all I couldn't do.
I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason,
Bringing something we must learn, and we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them...
And we help them in return.
Well I don't know if I believe that's true,
But I know I'm who I am to today, because I met you.
It well may be that we may never meet again, in this lifetime but let me say before we part:
So much of me is made from what I learned from you-
You'll be with me, like a handprint on my heart.
And now whatever way our stories end, I know you have rewritten mine by being my friend.
Who can say I have been changed for the better?
I do believe I have been changed for the better, because I knew you.
Some people truly amaze me. I am so lucky to have met such wonderful people in my life. The strength of some really puts me at awe. Simple little things set me back. I complain a lot. Today I have learned from a good friend that life can change in an instant. Be grateful for what you have and each day you are allowed with the people you love. Someday I hope to be so strong to be loving, grateful, humble in the most difficult trials. I hope that some day I can follow the example and be so appreciative for all that I have been given. I am SO lucky. Lucky to have my family, my wonderful husband, and healthy baby girl. Lucky for friends who teach me that life isn't all about me. Lucky to know that I will be able to be with my family forever, and that life does not end when it ends here on earth. Lucky to know that I will be reunited with those who have passed before me. It is such comfort to know this. I just want to say thanks to all my friends and family. Because I know you, I have been changed for the better.

2 comments: